Tuesday, July 20, 2010

too, too much excitement!!!

i've begun to experiment with actual inlay of copper into bronze!  i've got so many ideas buzzing around in my head, i almost don't know where to begin.  i've been attracted to using all three of my metal mediums in one piece and have so far just been assembling them that way, either by soldering, or simply linking pieces of different metals of different colors.  here is my first piece!  i molded a piece of rotted wood that had been eaten up by termites and woodpeckers in interesting designs, cast the mold with bronze, then filled in the biggest termite run with copper.  here is the result!  cool thing is that i was able to use the bronze firing schedule that i've sort of arrived at and works for my kiln, and both metals 'sintered' just fine!  watch  more soon on this new venture, but that's the end of my report for now!  i've gotta do my portrait of 'teddy and sara, plus K', now that i finally have an idea that i think will be interesting and show both to advantage.  wish me luck!  i'm gonna put them nose to nose.  i'll post when i have a workable drawing.  stay cool!

1 comment:

JanettMarie said...

Good Luck my friend!!